Dennis LaRosa is a healthcare policy advisor in the Tallahassee office of ROIG Lawyers. His duties in this non-legal role include consulting on various healthcare regulatory and compliance matters, providing expert testimony, and lobbying.
Prior to joining the firm, Dennis worked in various capacities with the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, including three years in the Office of the General Counsel and two years in managed care.
He served as the OMC Manager of the Healthcare Clinic Unit, Health Quality Assurance, since its inception in 2003 through September, 2013. In this capacity he managed seven operations and management consultants, who oversaw the unit’s healthcare clinic licensing function. Dennis wrote all the rules for his unit and analyzed both rules and legislative proposals.
Dennis’ background includes 25 years of law practice for and against Florida departments in the areas of state licensing and regulation. He has extensive experience as a litigator in state administrative cases and appellate practice, including three oral arguments before the Florida Supreme Court on tax matters.
A frequent speaker on healthcare clinic licensure as it relates to PIP and criminal laws, Dennis has also been approved as an expert witness in state and federal civil and criminal cases dealing with unlicensed activity and “de facto” and “unlicensed” clinics. He also provides CLE credited presentations to insurance defense attorneys, in house, publically (including Plaintiffs’s attorneys and judges) and also by appointment. He has made numerous presentations to the Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee Conference (FIFEC) Convention, Medical Claims Defense Network, National Insurance Crime Bureau, Division of Insurance Fraud, State’s Attorney Offices, the IASIU, and numerous insurers SIU and MSIU units.
News & Events
- Updates to Florida's Fictitious Name Statute
June 19, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors the “MDCN” Medical Claims Defense Network, Inc.’s Spring 2017 Seminar
March 1, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Healthcare Policy Advisor to Present “PIP and HCC Statutes and Rules”
January 23, 2017
- Roig Lawyers Attorneys and Healthcare Policy Advisor to Present to AssuranceAmerica
August 18, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Attorneys Present on Regulatory Compliance to National Insurance Carrier
August 3, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Attorneys and Healthcare Policy Advisor to Speak at 23rd Annual Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee Conference
June 4, 2015
- Roig Lawyers to Speak on PIP Law at Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee “FIFEC” Conference
June 9, 2014
- Roig, Tutan, Rosenberg, Martin & Stoller, P.A. Welcomes Dennis LaRosa as Health Care Policy Advisor
October 1, 2013
- Medical Claims Defense Network, Inc. Spring 2017 Seminar
March 2, 2017
- PIP and HCC Statutes and Rules Presentation
January 24, 2017
- Medical Claims Defense Network 2016 Spring Seminar
March 24, 2016
Presenter, "Emerging Regulatory PIP Defenses for Adjusters" 25th Annual Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee (FIFEC), June 2017
Presenter, "PIP and HCC Statutes and Rules," National Insurance Carrier, January 2017.
Co-Presenter, "Medical Directors 101," ROIG Lawyers Monthly Lunch & Learn, September 2016.
Co-Presenter, "Emerging Trends in PIP SIU," AssuranceAmerica, August 2015.
Co-Presenter, "Mechanisms Available to Adjusters During Review for Regulatory and Compliance Issues," Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee (