Fernando L. Roig is the founding partner and co-chair of the executive committee of Roig Lawyers.
Fernando’s innovative and transformative approach to law firm leadership has been instrumental in the firm’s growth over the past decade. He has been influential in recruiting top-notch talent to the firm, which has expanded regionally to 7 offices across the state of Florida.
Fernando is known for being entrepreneurial and strategic with exceptional problem solving, consensus-building and negotiation skills, including an ability to structure and execute successful business tactics. Through Fernando's guidance, leadership and vision, the firm successfully built new practice areas that have become drivers for the firm's overall success.
Fernando has long championed diversity and inclusion in business and the workplace. Fernando played a key role in creating and expanding advancement opportunities for women and minorities at the firm.
Fernando brings more than 25 years of experience litigating insurance disputes and has guided clients toward the most efficient and inexpensive issue resolution, counseling them in ways to effectively avoid disputes and to explore non-litigation alternatives such as mediation and arbitration. Fernando has a proven record of success resolving large and complicated problems for clients, coordinating and defending high-stakes cases and aggressively pursuing major recoveries for insurers. Fernando has handled and tried hundreds of cases in federal and state courts with only one loss throughout his legal career.
Fernando is an active leader in the legal community; he was selected by Governor Jeb Bush to serve on the Governor’s Commission for the Everglades as well as the Fourth District Court of Appeals Judicial Nominating Committee.
Fernando is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been named to the 2018 South Florida Legal Guide annual list as a "Top Lawyer" in Commercial Litigation.
- Achieved Summary Judgment in favor of an insurance company in defense of claims of fraud related to reimbursement limitation under Florida Statute § 627.736 (5)(a)2.f.
- Obtained Defense Motion for partial Summary Judgment for an insurance company in a breach of contract claim under Florida Statute § 627.7407(2).
- Achieved partial Summary Judgment in favor of Defendant, a corporation in a breach of contract claim and schedule of maximum charges in reimbursing Plaintiff's PIP benefits.
News & Events
- ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Recognized in the 18th Edition of the South Florida Legal Guide
January 15, 2018
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors the NAMWOLF 2017 Annual Conference & Law Firm Expo
July 26, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Receives Award from Dade Legal Aid/Put Something Back for Pro Bono Efforts
April 26, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Announces Appointment of New Managing Partner for Orlando Office
February 28, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers to Celebrate 3rd Annual Take Your Child to Work Day
January 30, 2017
- Six ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Recognized as “Top Lawyers” and “Top Up & Comers” in the 17th Edition of the South Florida Legal Guide
January 9, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Promotes Five Attorneys to Partners in their Deerfield Beach, Miami and Tampa Offices
August 17, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Ranked #1 Law Firm For Hispanic Attorneys
May 19, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Ranked on Law360’s “Top 100 Firms For Female Attorneys”
May 4, 2016
- Roig Lawyers Sponsors The Tooth Healer for Children Around the World, Inc. Inaugural Reception, Toy Drive and Silent Auction
December 1, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Sponsors the Gwen S. Cherry Black Women Lawyers Association (GSCBWLA) 30th Anniversary Celebration Gala
November 4, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Sponsors the 12th Annual Kozyak Minority Mentoring Picnic
October 26, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Sponsors the National Association of Minority & Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF) 2015 Annual Meeting
September 14, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Founding Partner Authors Chapter in Thomson Reuters Book on Law Firm Diversity
August 4, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Celebrates 15th Year Anniversary
June 1, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Debuts on Law360 400 Largest US Law Firms Survey
March 23, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Debuts on Daily Business Review’s Annual South Florida Diversity Scorecard
February 2, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Recognized in 2015 South Florida Legal Guide as “Top Law Firm,” “Top Lawyers,” and “Top Up & Comer”
January 8, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Attorneys Featured in Legal Leaders "South Florida's Top Rated Lawyers of 2015"
February 12, 2016
- Roig Lawyers Attorneys Featured in The Florida Bar News
September 24, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Founding Partner, Fernando L. Roig, Featured on NAMWOLF Website
August 11, 2015