Julie Harris Nelson is a partner in the Miami office of Roig Lawyers.
Julie is an experienced insurance defense trial attorney who has personally tried more than 50 criminal and civil jury and bench trials involving automobile liability personal injury protection (PIP) litigation and insurance law.
Julie worked as in-house and private counsel for many major insurance companies, with responsibility for the investigation and defense of personal injury protection litigation files involving fraud, insurance coverage, and breach of contract issues.
Her work includes the investigation and practice of Special Investigation Unit (SIU) claims. She is court-approved to serve as an attorney fee expert in litigation matters.
Julie began her legal career as an Assistant State Attorney in Miami-Dade County under Katherine Fernandez Rundle. She later began practicing insurance defense with an emphasis on premises liability and bodily injury.
While attending St. Thomas, she was a member of Black Law Students Association, the Catholic Lawyers Guild, the Appellate Moot Court and Trial Court Teams, and the Peter Faye Inns of Court.
She served as summer federal law clerk to the Honorable William Hoeveler in 1992. In 1993 and 1994 she served as a law clerk for the City of Miami Attorney’s Office and the Florida Department of Transportation.
Julie is a native of Detroit, Michigan and the devoted wife and mother of three talented children.
News & Events
- Miami Partner Julie Harris Nelson Published Article in the Fall/Winter FAWL Journal Issue
December 7, 2018
- Julie Harris Nelson Published Feature Story in FAWL Journal Spring/Summer 2018 Edition
July 2, 2018
- Partner Julie Harris Nelson Named to Board of Gwen S. Cherry Black Women Lawyers Association
June 22, 2018
- Roig Lawyers is a Proud Sponsor of the Gwen S. Cherry Black Women Lawyers Association
June 21, 2018
- Julie Harris Nelson Appointed to Florida Bar Committee
June 12, 2018
- Roig Lawyers is Proud to Sponsor the Miami Bridge Enchanted Nights Gala 2018
April 14, 2018
- Miami Partner Julie Harris Nelson Honored in Legacy Miami Magazine's 25 Most Influential & Prominent Black Women in Business and Industry for 2017
December 11, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers is Proud Sponsor of the Dade County Bar Association's 101st Installation Gala
October 20, 2017
- Julie Harris Nelson Selected to Serve on Judicial Awards Selection Committee for "Over the Rainbow" Judicial Reception & Dinner
August 9, 2017
- Julie Harris Nelson Elected to DCBA Board of Directors
June 22, 2017
- Julie Harris Nelson Elected to Gwen S. Cherry Black Women Lawyers Association Board of Directors
June 17, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Proudly Sponsors the Miami Bridge Arctic Nights Gala
March 16, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors the 2017 CABA Benefit & Installation Gala
January 25, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Miami Partner Nominated for Appointment to Miami-Dade County Court
September 12, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Promotes Five Attorneys to Partners in their Deerfield Beach, Miami and Tampa Offices
August 17, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers’ Attorney Appointed to Miami Bridge’s Board of Directors
August 8, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers’ Attorney Selected State Treasurer for FAWL
June 23, 2016
- Four ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Appointed To Florida Bar Committees
April 22, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Miami Attorney Speaks at Black Professionals Career Day
March 10, 2016
- Roig Lawyers Miami Attorney Nominated for Appointment to Miami-Dade County Court
December 21, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Sponsors Domestic Violence Panel Event
September 21, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Miami Attorney Elected to the University of Michigan Alumni (Miami- Fort Lauderdale Club) Board of Directors
July 28, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Miami Attorney Appointed as “Liaison” to Florida Association for Women Lawyers’ (FAWL) State Board of Directors
July 16, 2015
- Seven Roig Lawyers Attorneys Appointed to Florida Bar Committees
April 9, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Ranked #1 in DBR's Law Firm Diversity Report
July 24, 2018
- ROIG Lawyers Miami Partner Julie Harris Nelson Quoted in Daily Business Review Article
February 1, 2018
- Miami Partner Julie Harris Nelson Published an Article in the Spring/Summer 2017 Edition of the FAWL Journal
July 18, 2017
- Partner Julie Harris Nelson was Featured in The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Legal Women Wednesdays Series
January 2, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Newest Partners Named in Law360 List "Law360 Names Attys Who Moved Up The Firm Ranks In Q3"
October 28, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Miami Partner Julie Harris Nelson Mentioned in Community News Article "Miami Bridge Appoints Six New Board Members"
September 9, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Partners Featured in The Miami Herald Movers Column
August 30, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Miami Attorneys Featured in The Florida Bar News & Notes
August 16, 2016
- Julie Harris Nelson Quoted in Daily Business Review Article
August 3, 2016
- Roig Lawyers Attorneys Featured in The Florida Bar News
September 24, 2015
- Dade County Bar Association 101st Installation Gala
October 21, 2017
- Miami Bridge's Annual Gala Arctic Nights
March 18, 2017
- 2017 CABA Benefit & Installation Gala
January 28, 2017
- Children’s Home Society of Florida's Claws for a Cause
October 13, 2016
- 2016 Voluntary Bar Leaders Conference
July 15, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors the Florida Association for Women Lawyers' (FAWL) Annual Meeting & Awards Gala
June 16, 2016
- Jack and Jill of America, Inc. Miami Chapter Annual Breakfast with Santa
December 5, 2015
- Miami Bridge Youth & Family Services, Inc. Community Service
November 22, 2015
- The Domestic Violence Panel Event: Focusing on the Past, Present and Future!
October 1, 2015
Author, "Meet the 2018-2019 President of the Florida Bar," FAWL Journal, Spring/Summer 2018
Co-Author, "The Past, the Present and the Future of Dynamic Breastfeeding Moms" FAWL Journal, Spring/Summer 2017, p. 32
Outreach and Speaker, Charles D. Wyche Jr. School, May 2017.
Outreach and Speaker, Jose de Diego Middle School, May 2017.
Outreach and Speaker, Lillie C. Evans School, January 2017.
Outreach and Speaker, Charles D. Wyche Jr. School, May 2016.
Outreach and Speaker, Lillie C. Evans School, February 2016.
Event Coordinator and Moderator, Domestic Violence Panel Event, October 2015.
Speaker and Volunteer, Miami-Dade County Commission on Ethics & Public Trust Ethical Governance Day, October 2015.