Lissette M. Alvarez is an associate in the Miami office of Roig Lawyers.
Lissette concentrates her practice in the area of Property Insurance Defense and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)/No-Fault litigation for various insurance companies.
Lissette assists with handling complex provider litigation cases in identifying and investigating fraudulent claims. She handles all aspects of the PIP claims, including
Lissette also handles all types of Property Insurance Defense matters, such as claims denied pursuant to policy exclusions, claims denied pursuant to failure to comply with policy conditions, and claims wherein payment was issued and the amount of recovery due, remains in dispute. During her file handling, she comprehensively and objectively reviews all aspects of the claim handling to determine the most efficient way to handle the defense of each particular matter. Lissette handles cases through all phases of the litigation
Lissette has litigated actions in courts throughout the state of
Prior to joining the firm, Lissette obtained legal experience as a law clerk for a prominent personal injury law firm in Broward County.
While attending law school, Lissette interned as a Legislative Aide for a Miami-Dade County Commissioner. As a Legislative
She is AV® Preeminent™ Peer-Review Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Martindale-Hubbell.
Lissette was born and raised in South Florida and currently resides in Miami with her French Bulldog named Louie.
News & Events
- ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Present Continuing Education Course, "The Ridesharing Generation: Insurance Implications and Complications"
August 25, 2017
- Ridesharing Legislation May Trigger New Wave of Litigation
August 10, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Present Ridesharing CE Course to National Insurance Carrier
July 20, 2017
- New Florida Law Deems Ridesharing Drivers As Independent Contractors & Provides Minimum Insurance Requirements
June 19, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Miami Attorney Achieves the AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
August 17, 2016
- Seven Roig Lawyers Attorneys Appointed to Florida Bar Committees
April 9, 2015
- Cecile Mendizabal and Lissette Alvarez Publish Ridesharing Article in Daily Business Review
August 11, 2017
Presenter, "The Ridesharing Generation: Insurance Implications and Complications" 25th Annual Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee (FIFEC), June 2017