Mark J. Rose is a partner in the Deerfield Beach office of Roig Lawyers.
He concentrates his practice in Personal Injury Protection (PIP), fraud (SIU) investigations and No-Fault litigation, business litigation, and the defense of homeowner’s insurance claims. He also counsels employers on proactive strategies to avoid litigation disputes, including providing guidance regarding personnel issues and policies, as well as compliance with local, state, and federal statutes and regulations.
Mark frequently speaks and writes on trends in the legal industry. Mark co-presented at the Florida Defense Lawyers Association (FDLA) annual conference on the topic of Social Media Discovery. He served as a keynote speaker at the 2013 America’s Claims Event in Austin, Texas on the topic of Six Sigma and claims management. His article, “Six Sigma, Meet Claims: A Primer on the Methodology and Its Promise” was published by Claims Magazine in January 2013. An earlier article, titled “Florida’s No-Fault Law and the 2012 Statutory Amendments,” was published in the Trial Advocate Quarterly, (Vol. 31 No. 3, Summer 2012).
Mark is on the FDLA Board of Directors and the Board Liaison for the Auto/Transportation Committee. Mark was the Co-Chair of the FDLA’s Young Lawyer’s Committee and was FDLA’s 2014 James A. Dixon Young Lawyer Award recipient. He serves as an adjunct professor of business law at Palm Beach State College, where he teaches “The Legal and Ethical Environment of Business.” Mark is approved by the Florida Department of Financial Services to teach continuing education to claims adjusters and also approved by the Florida Bar to teach continuing legal education.
Mark is the founder of the Firm's FL PIP Guide blog, a source for news and information on Florida's PIP/No-Fault law.
Prior to joining the firm, Mark practiced civil litigation and personal injury law at a Boca Raton boutique law firm. He is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell and recognized by Avvo with a 10 out of 10 rating.
While in law school Mark served as a federal litigation intern at the U.S. Department of Justice and earned a certificate in Leadership Development. He also served on the American Bar Association’s award-winning Student Leadership Development Committee, as well as the Barney Masterson American Inn of Court.
News & Events
- Twelve ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Recognized as 2017 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
June 8, 2017
- Eleven ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Recognized as 2016 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
June 22, 2016
- Dynamic Duo Present 5-Hour Law and Ethics Course at 20th Annual Florida Liability Claims Conference
June 7, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Partner Presents “Legal Ethics in a Connected World: Portable Devices, Social Media, and the Cloud” CLE
May 5, 2016
- Roig Lawyers Partner Elected to Florida Defense Lawyers Association (FDLA) Board of Directors
August 26, 2015
- Eight Roig Lawyers Attorneys Recognized as 2015 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
June 11, 2015
- Third DCA Upholds Ruling in PIP Case Millennium Radiology v. State Farm
December 15, 2014
- Partner Mark Rose to Speak at 2014 FDLA Annual Meeting
June 20, 2014
- Roig Lawyers Announces Five Attorney Promotions to Partners in their Deerfield Beach and Orlando Offices
June 18, 2014
- ROIG Lawyers Partner Mentioned in the Orlando Sentinel
January 12, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Partner Quoted in the Daily Business Review & Law.com
September 14, 2016
- Mark J. Rose Interviewed by CBS 12 News on Social Media Law Issues
August 29, 2016
- Nine ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Featured in The Florida Bar News & Notes Section
August 3, 2016
- Roig Lawyers Attorneys Featured in Legal Leaders "South Florida's Top Rated Lawyers of 2015"
February 12, 2016
- Mark J. Rose and Craig P. Liszt Featured in The Florida Bar News
October 12, 2015
- Mark J. Rose Featured in South Florida Business Journal’s People on the Move
August 26, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Featured in FDLA’s Summer 2015 “deFENSE POST” Newsletter
August 21, 2015
- NAMWOLF International Law and Insurance Practice Area Committees CLE Event
June 15, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Present CE titled "Public Adjusters & SIU"
June 13, 2016
- 20th Annual Florida Liability Claims Conference
June 8, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Partner Presents on "Legal Ethics in a Connected World: Portable Devices,Social Media, and the Cloud"
May 4, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Trio Present CE on "Examinations Under Oath and the Law"
March 22, 2016
“Six Sigma, Meet Claims: A Primer on the Methodology and Its Promise,” Claims Magazine, January, 2013.
“Florida’s No-Fault Law and the 2012 Statutory Amendments,” Trial Advocate Quarterly, Vol. 31 No. 3, Summer 2012.
Presenter, "5-Hour Law & Ethics Update- 5-620," 20th Annual Florida Liability Claims Conference (FLCC), June 2016.
Co-presenter, Basic Technology Law 2016 CLE Program, "Legal Ethics in a Connected World:Portable Devices, Social Media, and the Cloud," May 2016.
Co-Presenter, "Subtleties and Technicalities of IME Reports," ROIG Lawyers Monthly Lunch & Learn, April 2016.
Presenter, "Examinations Under Oath and the Law," March 2016.
Co-Presenter, "IMEs: Notice, Application & Strategy in the Defense of a PIP (No-Fault) Case," ROIG Lawyers Monthly Lunch & Learn, May 2015.
Co-Presenter, "Issues of Exhaustion in PIP Claims," ROIG Lawyers Monthly Lunch & Learn, January 2015.
Co-Presenter, “Social Media Discovery and Admissibility,” Florida Defense Lawyers Association Annual Meeting, August 2014
Keynote Speaker, “Six Sigma and Claims Management,” 2013 America’s Claims Event, Austin, TX