Patricia G. Preciado is an associate in the Deerfield Beach office of Roig Lawyers.
Patricia concentrates her practice in the areas of Property Insurance Defense and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)/No-Fault litigation.
Patricia manages all types of Property Insurance Defense matters, such as claims denied pursuant to policy exclusions, claims denied pursuant to failure to comply with policy conditions, and claims wherein payment was issued and the amount of recovery due, remains in dispute. During her file handling, she comprehensively and objectively reviews all aspects of the claim handling to determine the most efficient way to handle the defense of each particular matter. Patricia handles cases through all phases of the litigation process, and is experienced in the use of alternative dispute resolution techniques when necessary.
Prior to joining the firm, Patricia gained experience at a plaintiff’s first party property insurance claims law firm. She also worked at a full service firm where her practice concentrated in the areas of labor & employment, personal injury, and civil litigation. During her time at the full service firm, Patricia also handled numerous mediations through the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”), and attended weekly live television programs where she would assist in answering legal questions regarding the areas of labor & employment, personal injury, and civil litigation.
While in law school, she interned with the Florida International University College of Law Educational Advocacy Clinic and the Legal Aid of Broward County Special Education Project. She would act as a liaison between her clients, children with unique educational needs, and their respective schools, to create an agreed Individualized Education Plan (IEP) tailored to meet the specific needs of her client.
Patricia is a native of Miami, Florida.
- Obtained a favorable settlement in an employment discrimination claim where a client suffered from a disability and the employer failed to reasonably accommodate its employee
- Obtained favorable rulings on dispositive motions regarding an Insured’s failure to comply with a condition precedent to suit
- Obtained favorable settlements for an Insurer subsequent to initial discovery, and due to the information obtained therein
News & Events
- Helping You Navigate the Choppy Waters of Hurricane Claims
September 26, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Present Property and Medical Malpractice Continuing Education Courses at 2017 Florida Liability Claims Conference
June 1, 2017
- Florida Insurer Rating Criteria Suspended by Demotech
February 8, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors the 18th Annual Windstorm Insurance Conference
January 23, 2017
- Andrew v. Matthew: The Evolution of Investigative Tools in Insurance Investigations
November 1, 2016
- Dynamic Duo Present 5-Hour Law and Ethics Course at 20th Annual Florida Liability Claims Conference
June 7, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers and Attorney Patricia Preciado featured in AM Best's BestConnect Newsletter
August 2, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Deerfield Beach Attorney Publishes Article in the Daily Business Review
November 3, 2016
- Nine ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Featured in The Florida Bar News & Notes Section
August 3, 2016
- 2017 Florida Liability Claims Conference
June 8, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Present CE titled "Public Adjusters & SIU"
June 13, 2016
- 20th Annual Florida Liability Claims Conference
June 8, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Presents on "Public Adjusters and SIU"
May 5, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Present CE on "Public Adjusters and SIU"
April 27, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Trio Present CE on "Examinations Under Oath and the Law"
March 22, 2016
Presenter, "Water Mitigation Claims" 20th Annual Florida Liability Claims Conference (FLCC), June 2017
Presenter, "5-Hour Law & Ethics Update- 5-620," 20th Annual Florida Liability Claims Conference (FLCC), June 2016.
Presenter, "Public Adjusters & SIU," May 2016.
Presenter, "Public Adjusters & SIU," April 2016.
Presenter, "Examinations Under Oath and the Law," March 2016.