Raquel Campos is a senior associate in the Miami office of Roig Lawyers. Her primary area of practice includes all stages of Personal Injury Protection (PIP) /No-Fault litigation defense for various insurance companies.
Raquel manages a large litigation case load which includes claims for unnecessary medical treatment, policy language disputes regarding coverage, reasonableness of charges and exhaustion of benefits, and reviews claims for possible fraud. In addition, she has supervised and mentored law clerks and new attorneys.
Raquel is an experienced trial lawyer who has tried many criminal and civil jury and bench trials and has argued appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, she gained experience in the insurance industry, specifically working on PIP cases as an associate in a law firm and as in-house counsel for an automobile insurance carrier. Her responsibilities included the oversight of special investigation projects to defend the insurance carrier against medical providers suspected of insurance fraud.
Raquel dedicated the first four years of her legal career to public service as an Assistant State Attorney in Miami-Dade County. As a prosecutor, she supervised and trained more than 50 attorneys and numerous certified legal interns. She also oversaw the prosecution of misdemeanor and felony crimes, including high profile and fraud cases. Additionally, she acted as a representative and liaison to judges, attorneys, police agencies, and the community.
While attending St. Thomas University School of Law, Raquel was an editor of the Law Review and a member of various organizations, including the Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Student Law Association, Hispanic Law Student Association, and was Vice Justice of Phi Alpha Delta. During Law School she served as a certified legal intern at the Attorney General’s office working on cases involving allegations of unlawful use of force by police. While earning her bachelor’s degree at Florida International University she interned as a Domestic Violence Intake Counselor.
Raquel was born and raised in South Florida and currently resides in Miami with her fiancé and cocker spaniel.
News & Events
- Raquel Campos Re-Appointed to the Florida Bar Traffic Court Rules Committee
June 26, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors Kozyak's 2017 Annual Minority Mentoring Picnic
January 26, 2017
- Roig Lawyers Miami Attorney Receives AV® Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
August 14, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Attorneys Present to Largest International Property/Casualty Third Party Administrator
August 10, 2015
- Seven Roig Lawyers Attorneys Appointed to Florida Bar Committees
April 9, 2015
- Nine ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Featured in The Florida Bar News & Notes Section
August 3, 2016
- Roig Lawyers Attorneys Featured in Legal Leaders "South Florida's Top Rated Lawyers of 2015"
February 12, 2016
- 2017 Annual Minority Mentoring Picnic
February 4, 2017
- 2016 Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee (FIFEC) Conference
June 8, 2016
Presenter, "The Strawmann-Clinic.com: ABC's of Unlicensed Clinics," 24th Annual Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee (FIFEC) Committee, June 2016.
Presenter, "Apportioning-Multiple Injuries," Gallagher Bassett Services Inc., August 2015.