Sharhonda Robinson-Edwards is an associate in the Deerfield Beach office of Roig Lawyers. She concentrates her practice in the areas of first-party insurance defense litigation and fraud (SIU) investigations.
Sharhonda Robinson Edwards has over 10 years of legal experience with private firms, court systems, and other corporate entities, that provided her with litigation and transactional experience in a wide range of legal practice areas.
Prior to joining the firm, Sharhonda practiced at an insurance defense firm where she litigated claims against insurance companies for personal injury protection benefits under the Florida No Fault Act, while providing her clients with strategic and technical legal advice and support.
Sharhonda received her Juris Doctor, from Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center while jointly obtaining a Masters in International Business Administration. While in law school, Sharhonda participated in several legal internships with the Consumer Law division of Legal Aid of Broward County, the Office of the Attorney General Economic Crimes Division (Fort Lauderdale), a private firm in Boca Raton, FL, and a judicial internship with the Honorable Jane Fishman of the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit of Broward County.
Sharhonda is a native of Oakland, California.
- Drafted business formation (incorporation) documents and a distribution contract for the merger of a domestic and international business (Italian business)
- Drafted wills and trusts based on U.S. and domestic laws
- Dealt with wills and trusts issues for international and domestic clients
- Conducted research and drafting memos on international tax implications for international clients
- Drafted environmental leases for commercial property
- Assisted in the closing of multi-million dollar real estate transaction deal
- Investigated, conducted legal research and drafted memos on potential fraud cases for the Office of the Attorney General, Economic Crimes division
- Defended a probate case involving financial elder abuse charges in the State of California that resulted in me obtaining a voluntary dismissal with prejudice of the case
- Conducted contract review on business and consumer law matters
News & Events
- Sharhonda Robinson-Edwards Elected to the Executive Board of the T.J. Reddick Bar Association
June 22, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors the BCBA YLS Judicial Reception
May 10, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors the NAMWOLF 2017 Business Meeting
February 7, 2017
- ROIG’s Sharhonda Robinson-Edwards Admitted to Southern District of Florida
May 13, 2016
- 26th Annual T.J. Reddick Bar Association Scholarship & Awards Gala
June 17, 2017
- Broward County Bar Association YLS Judicial Reception
May 17, 2017
- NAMWOLF 2017 Business Meeting
February 12, 2017