She concentrates her practice in the areas of insurance services and litigation.
She was previously selected as one of South Florida’s 100 Most Accomplished and Influential African-Americans in Healthcare & Law. She was one of 12 attorneys selected by The Defense Research Institute, Young Lawyers Division, to travel to Washington, D.C. to be sworn-in by the United States Supreme Court. She also served as an executive board member of the T.J. Reddick Bar Association.
Deeply involved in many aspects of community service,
During law school,
Her vast litigation experience is encapsulated in the following:
- Represented numerous manufacturers of medical devices, pharmaceuticals and heavy equipment vehicles -- including multi-party mass tort litigation -- in state and federal court.
- Prepared and coordinated hundreds of removals of state court cases to federal court and transfer to various multi-district litigation (MDL) venues.
- Managed more than 300 active asbestos cases for heavy equipment manufacturers. Achieved numerous dismissals with prejudice on behalf of manufacturers involved in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas.
- Represented various civil defendants including insurance companies and corporate self-insureds. Obtained exceptional results at mediation involving more than 30 parties.
- Conducted and defended depositions throughout the United States as part of regional and national counsel for tobacco, electrical and telecommunication manufacturers.
- Handled voluminous discovery, including e-discovery, in the context of complicated commercial litigation.
- ROIG Attorney Wins Summary Judgment
May 17, 2016
News & Events
- Four ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Appointed To Florida Bar Committees
April 22, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Attorney Accepted to Leadership Council On Legal Diversity 2016 Fellows Program
March 4, 2016
- Roig Lawyers Attorneys Featured in The Florida Bar News
April 4, 2016
- Children’s Home Society of Florida's Claws for a Cause
October 13, 2016