Fraud (SIU) Investigations
Roig Lawyers’ Fraud (SIU) Investigation attorneys work in close cooperation with our clients’ special investigation units to uncover insurance fraud and either prosecute civil suits against the perpetrators of such fraud or defend against fraudulent claims.
We represent insurers at every stage of a claim from the initial report of loss to resolution with a history of favorable results. We have represented insurers in thousands of mediations, arbitrations, and trials in state and federal courts.
Roig Lawyers handles thousands of Examinations Under Oath (EUOs) in fire, homeowners, auto, workers’ compensation and health and life insurance claims for which we take a very aggressive stance against all fraudulent claimants.
We have successfully defended against fraudulent theft and arson lawsuits, as well as wrongful claims for bad faith claims handling.
Our attorneys are regular speakers on topics of bad faith and first-party fraud claims at conferences including the International Association of Special Investigation Units (IASIU) and Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee (FIFEC). We also conduct first party SIU/fraud training for numerous clients.
Roig Lawyers has experienced fraud and SIU counsel in each of our offices, and regularly handle matters nationally. We work closely with local and national law enforcement and with specialized experts in theft, fire, and medical fraud investigation. We believe that pro-active good faith file-handling prevents bad faith claims.
Services provided by Roig Lawyers’ Fraud (SIU) Investigation practice include:
- Arbitrations and mediations
- Claims handling and administration
- Declaratory Relief Actions
- Defense of extra-contractual claims
- Defense of suspected fraudulent bodily injury claims and staged accidents
- Evaluation, investigation and defense of fraudulent property claims (including arson and theft)
- Examinations under oath
- First and third party coverage analysis
- First and third-party jury and bench trials
- Insurance regulation and compliance
- Inter-company insurance disputes
- Interpleader and restitution litigation
- Jury and bench trials
- Medical payments coverage claims and analysis (including up-coding, over billings, unnecessary procedures and other fraudulent practices.
- RICO litigation
- Service as expert witnesses and consultants
- UM/UIM Litigation and Arbitrations Insurer restitution for Corporate Practice of Medicine violations and billing fraud (medical and chiropractic)