Michelle McIntyre Wasielewski is a senior associate in the Tampa office of Roig Lawyers.
Michelle concentrates her practice in the areas of Personal Injury Protection (PIP) No-Fault litigation, with an emphasis on fraud (SIU) investigations, pre-suit and post-suit, complex medical providers, and statutory compliance involving medical licensure. Michelle has handled cases state-wide and her experience includes handling affirmative actions, such as Petitions for Discovery, on the part of the insurance companies.
Michelle is a member of the firm’s fraud (SIU) investigations team where she handles the investigation, identification and scrutiny of claims to uncover fraudulent claims, staged accidents, false and forged signatures and documents, patterns of unnecessary medical treatment, and unlicensed activity. Based on such actions, she has secured many judgments in favor of her clients’ dismissals and withdrawal of claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Michelle was an associate at Jonathan S. Brooks, P.A. where she represented clients in insurance defense issues, including insurance fraud litigation.
While in law school, Michelle interned with the Homicide Unit of the 17th Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office. Michelle also participated in a dual degree program with Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Obtained an order granting motion for discovery in the Circuit Court in and for Miami Dade County in State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and State Farm Fire and Casualty Company v. County Line Chiropractic Center, INC. and Robert Hochstein, P.A. in favor of insurer/petitioner where it established good cause to bring discovery action to challenge the pattern of treatment and issuance of durable medical equipment.
- Reached amicable settlement involving withdrawal of pending claims and dismissal of active cases based on the discovery of copied patient signatures.
- Granted Motion for Attorney’s Fees Pursuant to Fla. Stat. 57.105 in favor of insurer where case involved billing for services not rendered and/or not lawfully rendered, failure to respond to 6(b) letter and believed staged accident.
News & Events
- ROIG Lawyers’ Michelle McIntyre Wasielewski Graduates from Tampa Connection
May 19, 2016
- Roig Lawyers Attorneys to Present Adjuster 5-Hour Law and Ethics Update Course to Esurance
January 21, 2015
- Miguel R. Roura, Michelle M. McIntyre Wasielewski, and Peter S. Nayrouz of Roig Lawyers to Present the Adjuster 5-Hour Law and Ethics Update Course to the International Association of Special Investigation Units
October 8, 2014
Co-Speaker, "5-Hour Law and Ethics Update," Esurance, January 2015.
Co-Speaker, "5-Hour Law and Ethics Update," IASIU, October 2014.