Ursula C. Cogswell is a Senior Associate in the Deerfield Beach office of Roig Lawyers.
Ursula is a litigation attorney with experience in diverse areas of law as well as jury trial experience. She has handled first-party property insurance defense cases, fraud cases, personal injury cases and PIP cases. Ursula has successfully litigated motions for summary judgment on fraud, standing, denial of coverage on plumbing and roof cases, and late notice. She currently also handles commercial property cases for the Firm.
As a defense attorney, Ursula has litigated over 100 motions for summary judgment. She has also successfully tried various types of cases and has successfully handled appeals.
Ursula worked while in law school as a clerk for an international business firm and thereafter also interned for a Magistrate in Federal Court. She began her career as a criminal defense attorney for the Law Offices of the Public Defender, 15th Judicial Circuit where she tried over 50 jury trials and over 50 non-jury trials.
Ursula also has experience with family cases, foreclosure cases, and immigration cases.
While at the University of Miami School of Law, she was a member of the Editorial Board of the International and Comparative Law Review and participated in the Study Abroad Program, taking coursework in European and Latin American Law. She also participated in the Advanced Legal Research Program and the Advanced Litigation Skills Program.
- Senior Attorney Ursula Cogswell Successfully Obtained Dismissal
July 1, 2019
- Deerfield Beach Attorney Successfully Litigated a Motion to Compel Appraisal
July 1, 2019
- Senior Attorney Ursula Cogswell Successfully Litigated Motion to Compel Appraisal
June 3, 2019
- Roig Lawyers Deerfield Beach Attorney Successfully Won Motion to Compel Appraisal after Mediation in Property Case
May 1, 2019
- ROIG Attorney Successfully Litigated Motion for Summary Judgement in Property Case
November 1, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Attorney Successfully Obtained Dismissal in Property Case
December 7, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Attorney Successfully Opposed Declaratory Petition for Relief in Property Case
October 13, 2016