Michael A. Rosenberg is the firm’s managing partner. Michael guides the strategic direction of the firm and co-chairs its management committee. Michael plays a leading role in ensuring the firm’s continued commitment to the highest levels of client service and in strengthening its dedication to diversity and attorney excellence.
Michael’s practice focuses on litigating complex insurance cases in the areas of fraud (SIU) investigations, Personal Injury Protection (PIP)/No-Fault litigation, and Examinations Under Oath (EUO) in federal and state courts. Michael has managed disputes involving
Michael and his team provide clients with a finely-tuned case management workflow system designed to help distinguish between fraudulent and legitimate claims. Michael has helped to defend insurance companies from both medical and automobile insurance fraud, and to hold those involved accountable for activities such as irregular billings or charges, excessive medical treatments, or unsubstantiated medical services.
Michael was named partner in 2009 and has worked closely with the firm’s founding partner to implement the firm’s growth strategy for its expanding regional platform, overseeing operations and professional development, and managing the overall leadership, direction, and culture of Roig Lawyers. Michael has helped pioneer many of Roig Lawyers’ efforts to attract and retain the best talent and to provide consistently high-quality representation for the firm’s clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael gained insight into the plaintiff’s approach to case management while serving as an associate for a prominent personal injury law firm.
The Florida Department of Financial Services has approved Michael to teach continuing education courses for insurance agents and agencies.
Michael is rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell. He has been named a "Top Up & Comer" in Insurance Defense by South Florida Legal Guide’s annual lists for 2015-2018. Michael was also named a “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers and a "Power Leader in Law & Accounting" by the South Florida Business Journal for 2015-2016. In 2015, he was also named a “Rising Star” by the Daily Business Review.
Michael obtained his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 2001 and received his law degree from St. Thomas University in Miami Gardens, FL in 2004 where he was a member of and competitor on the International Moot Court competitions team.
Michael served as an Articles Editor on the St. Thomas Law Review while in law school.
A native of Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Michael has lived in South Florida since 2001.
State Farm Fire and Casualty Company v. S & B Medical Center, Inc. and Sergio Montoya; Circuit Court of Miami-Dade County Jury verdict; January 20, 2011; “PIP;” “Fraud;” “Trial;” Trial for damages by State Farm against provider S&B to recover monies for wrongfully paid Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits. State Farm alleged that Montoya and S&B arranged a staged accident and offered and paid one of the participants in the staged accident to claim he received treatment at S&B. During an Examination Under Oath (EUO) the patient confessed to the staged accident. Prior to the EUO State Farm paid S&B for some of the bills it had submitted. State Farm sued and claimed Civil Theft. The jury deliberated for less than ten minutes and returned a verdict of treble damages of $15,600.00 for State Farm.
News & Events
- ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Selected to 2018 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
June 19, 2018
- Michael Rosenberg and Jessica Martin Present Data Analytics CE Course for FL Homeowners Insurance Provider
May 9, 2018
- ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Recognized in the 18th Edition of the South Florida Legal Guide
January 15, 2018
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors the NAMWOLF 2017 Annual Conference & Law Firm Expo
July 26, 2017
- Twelve ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Recognized as 2017 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
June 8, 2017
- Michael Rosenberg Re-Appointed The Florida Bar Small Claims Rules Committee
May 9, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Receives Award from Dade Legal Aid/Put Something Back for Pro Bono Efforts
April 26, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers is Proud Sponsor and Speaker for the 2017 CLM Annual Conference
March 10, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Announces Appointment of New Managing Partner for Orlando Office
February 28, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors the NAMWOLF 2017 Business Meeting
February 7, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers to Celebrate 3rd Annual Take Your Child to Work Day
January 30, 2017
- Six ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Recognized as “Top Lawyers” and “Top Up & Comers” in the 17th Edition of the South Florida Legal Guide
January 9, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors and Managing Partner Speaks at the National Association of Minority & Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF) 2016 Annual Meeting
September 13, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers’ Attorneys Present Two Courses to Insurance Adjusters
August 26, 2016
- Eleven ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Recognized as 2016 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
June 22, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Trio Selected as “Power Leaders in Law & Accounting” by the South Florida Business Journal
June 1, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Ranked #1 Law Firm For Hispanic Attorneys
May 19, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Trio Nominated For Legal Luminaries Awards
April 22, 2016
- Roig Lawyers Expands Litigation Practice Group with Two New Attorneys
January 20, 2016
- Roig Lawyers Adds Female Partner from Wicker Smith to Litigation Group in Orlando
November 18, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Welcomes Five New Attorneys to Litigation Practice Group
November 6, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Announces New Practice
September 24, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Continues Expansion with the Addition of New Admiralty & Maritime Practice and Attorney Craig P. Liszt
August 5, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Firm Managing Partner Recognized as 2015 Daily Business Review Rising Star
July 23, 2015
- Eight Roig Lawyers Attorneys Recognized as 2015 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
June 11, 2015
- Three Roig Lawyers Attorneys Recognized as “Power Leaders in Law & Accounting” by the South Florida Business Journal
June 3, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Selected to Prestigious National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF)
May 22, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Honored by South Florida Business & Wealth as the 2015 Leader in Law
April 30, 2015
- Seven Roig Lawyers Attorneys Appointed to Florida Bar Committees
April 9, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Announces New Practice Group
March 18, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Finalist for South Florida Business & Wealth’s 2015 Leaders in Law
March 4, 2015
- Roig Lawyers’ Growth Spurs Office Expansion in its 15th Year Anniversary
February 5, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Recognized in 2015 South Florida Legal Guide as “Top Law Firm,” “Top Lawyers,” and “Top Up & Comer”
January 8, 2015
- Michael A. Rosenberg of Roig Lawyers Panelist at the Business Law Society for St. Thomas University School of Law
November 6, 2014
- Michael A. Rosenberg of Roig Lawyers Receives AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
October 15, 2014
- Michael Rosenberg, Managing Partner of Roig Lawyers, is Recognized by the South Florida Business Journal as a “Power Leader”
June 12, 2014
- Firm Managing Partner Michael Rosenberg Featured in CLM Voices Profile
July 16, 2018
- ROIG Lawyers Trio Featured in NAMWOLF's Online News Section
June 13, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Trio Featured in the Boca Chamber's Online News Section
April 27, 2016
- Roig Lawyers Attorneys Featured in Legal Leaders "South Florida's Top Rated Lawyers of 2015"
February 12, 2016
- Francis X. Sexton, Jr. Featured in Law360 article titled "Roig Lawyers Gains Int'l Arbitrator in Miami"
February 12, 2016
- Michael A. Rosenberg Quoted in Law360 Article “Fla. Firms See Sunny Future As Cuba Relations Thaw”
April 1, 2015
- Michael A. Rosenberg Quoted in Law360 Article "The Female Attorneys You Admire" Featuring Jessica Z. Martin
March 9, 2015
- Michael A. Rosenberg Quoted in Law360 Article "What Associates Need to do to Stand Out"
January 22, 2015
- ROIG Lawyers Complimentary Webinar Series: Using Data Analytics to Reveal the True Story Behind Insurance Claims
March 22, 2018
- 2017 NAMWOLF Annual Meeting & Law Firm Expo
September 17, 2017
- NAMWOLF 2017 Business Meeting
February 12, 2017
- 3rd Annual Take Your Child to Work Day
February 2, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors NAMWOLF's 2016 Annual Meeting
September 14, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers’ Attorneys Present Two Courses to Insurance Adjusters
August 2, 2016
- ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Present CE on "Depositions, How to be Prepared and What to Expect"
June 1, 2016
- 2016 NAMWOLF Business Meeting
February 21, 2016
Presenter, "Deal or No Deal Insurance Case Law Update," September 2018
Presenter, "The Subtleties and Technicalities of IME Reports," September 2018
Presenter, "Using Data Analytics to Reveal the True Story Behind Insurance Claims," Olympus Insurance, May 2018
Presenter, "Using Data Analytics to Reveal the True Story Behind Insurance Claims," ROIG Lawyers Continuing Education Webinar Series, March 2018
Presenter, "Analyze This. Strategize That. Using Data Analytics To Your Advantage," ROIG Lawyers Monthly Lunch & Learn, January 2017.
Presenter, "Analyze This. Strategize That. Using Data Analytics To Your Advantage," NAMWOLF Annual Meeting, September 2016.
Speaker, "Examinations Under Oath - Back to the Future," August 2016.
Presenter, "Depositions, How to be prepared and What to expect," Sentry, June 2016.
Presenter, "Defending Depositions: How to be Prepared and What to Expect," ROIG Lawyers Monthly Lunch &
Panelist, “Business Lawyers Learn Various Practice Areas and Tips to Get Your Foot in the Door,” Business Law Society for St. Thomas University School of Law, November 2014.
Instructor, “What to Expect in Your Deposition,” August 2014.
Instructor, “Handling SIU Claims Under 627.736(2012),” July 2014.
Instructor, “Florida 5 Hour Update,” June 2014.
Instructor, “Changes in PIP Law,” May 2014.
Instructor, “Depositions, How To Be Prepared And What To Expect,” March 2014.
Instructor, “PIP Today: What We Know About 2007 And What We Have To Learn About 2008,” January 2014.
Instructor, “Understanding PIP,” October 2013.
Instructor, “Independent Medical Reviews,” March 2013.
Instructor, “Civil Litigation,” December 2012.
Instructor, “Understanding PIP,” October 2012.
Instructor, “Depositions, How To Be Prepared And What To Expect,” September 2011.
Instructor, “Examinations Under Oath And The Law,” October 2010.