Complimentary Webinar – When Adjusting Goes Too Far
Patricia G. Preciado, Partner
Ricardo M. Luces, Partner
Who Should Attend: This program is designed for insurance industry professionals that are involved in the claims litigation management process including CLO’s, In-house Counsel, Staff attorneys, mid-level claims professional and claims adjusters.
CE Credit: Florida Adjusters – 1 Hour CE 3-24a – Adjuster Law and Policy
Course Description: Although Hurricane Irma passed in September of last year, the resulting claims and lawsuits will continue to linger for some time. In light of the increased volume of claims, it is imperative to have the tools and knowledge to be able to identify fraud early on. Moreover, once identified, taking the necessary steps to secure the information required for claims handling and insurance defense actions.
The purpose of this course is to analyze and review the role of a public adjuster when investigating and defending a homeowner’s claim including:
- Statutory authority for public adjusters, to include limitations on their claim handling
- Civil fraud
- Identifying common tactics to perpetuate fraud in homeowner’s claims
- Claims handling and insurance defense actions
STAY TUNED FOR OUR OTHER UPCOMING WEBINARS
- Death by Charting, So You’re Saying There’s a Chance?
- Emerging Regulatory PIP Defenses for Adjusters
- Game of Drones: Advances in Technology and Related Insurance Issues
- How High? Insurance and Medical Marijuana
- Out Of State Policy Claims Handling
- “Siri, Where’s My Car?” – The Emergence of Autonomous Vehicle Technologies