Jenna T. Hackman is an attorney in the Deerfield Beach office of Roig Lawyers.
She joined the firm in 2003 and concentrates her practice in bodily injury/uninsured motorist, personal injury, premises liability, property damage, wrongful death, negligent security and PIP/No fault Litigation with an emphasis on fraud. Jenna handles all matters from pre-suit investigation, including conducting countless Examinations Under Oath, to litigation and trial.
Having successfully prepared and tried numerous jury trials to defense verdicts over the years in bodily injury/personal injury and PIP/No-Fault litigation cases, Jenna established the firm’s trial division. The trial division at Roig Lawyers oversees and manages all cases as they near the end of the litigation process and enter the trial period. Our clients can feel reassured knowing that every case set for trial is thoroughly reviewed and prepared by Jenna and our division to ensure a successful verdict and outcome. Jenna provides on-going training to attorneys within the firm on the preparation and litigation of their cases with an eye toward trial matters including preservation of appellate issues.
Prior to joining the firm in 2003, Jenna worked at Green, Ackerman & Frost, P.A. for just short of three years where she gained invaluable experience in the area of insurance defense, commercial and personal injury matters. Earlier in her career, she worked for various plaintiff personal injury law firms which focused on medical malpractice and class action lawsuits.
Jenna enjoys assisting and supporting various local and national charities and is a native of Freeport, Bahamas.
- Represented an insurance company in a bodily injury case where the Plaintiff filed suit for damages from an automobile accident, which resulted in one fatality and serious injuries to surviving passengers. The insurer was urged to resolve the matter recognizing the case was worth in excess of the limits and placed the clients in jeopardy of personal exposure and thus after a year or more of litigating the suit, the matter was eventually resolved for just under a million dollars.
Awards & Rankings
- South Florida Legal Guide: “Top Up and Comer” (2016-2017);
- “Top Lawyer” (2018-Present)
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Fort Lauderdale Class 22 (2015-2016)
- Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- Co-Presenter, “Trial Preparation: How to Develop Strong Theories and Defenses to Ensure Success at Trial and What to Expect at Trial,” ROIG Lawyers Monthly Lunch & Learn, July 2015.
- “Show Me the Money: Thinking Outside the Box to Combat Personal Injury Cases,” Florida Defense Lawyers Association Trial Advocate Quarterly, Fall 2015
- Children’s Home Society of Florida Intercoastal Division, Board of Directors
- South Florida Go Red for Women, Executive Leadership Committee
Admitted to Practice
- Florida, 2001