Veresa Jones Adams is a partner in the Deerfield Beach office of Roig Lawyers and Co-Chair of the Firm’s Appellate Practice Group.
She concentrates her practice in the areas of premises liability, negligence, products liability, and insurance services in state and federal courts. In addition to being one of the firm’s litigators, Veresa is also a member of the firm’s Appellate Division and provides both traditional and appellate services to the firm’s clients. She has litigated throughout Florida and has handled appeals and interlocutory proceedings in Florida’s various District Courts of Appeal.
During the course of her career, Veresa has handled diverse litigation cases in products liability, pharmaceutical, toxic tort, and general civil litigation representing Fortune 500 clients. She is well-versed in multi-jurisdictional practice, including handling mass tort cases throughout the Southeast and multi-district litigation (MDL). She recently handled matters in In Re Takata Airbag Products Liability Litigation in an MDL located in Southern District of Florida, which involved litigation surrounding a nationwide recall of airbags and installers in nearly 35 million affected vehicles.
In 2016, Veresa was selected to serve as a member of the 2016 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) class of Fellows, a landmark program created to identify, train and advance the next generation of leaders in the legal profession. Veresa joins a class of over 200 attorneys from around the country. She is the first Roig attorney to participate in the LCLD Fellows Program, which is made up of the general counsel of Fortune 500 corporations and the nation’s leading law firms.
She was previously selected as one of South Florida’s 100 Most Accomplished and Influential African-Americans in Healthcare & Law. She was one of 12 attorneys selected by The Defense Research Institute, Young Lawyers Division, to travel to Washington, D.C. to be sworn-in by the United States Supreme Court. She also served as executive board member of the T. J. Reddick Bar Association.
Deeply involved in many aspects of community service, Veresa co-chaired Broward County’s Election Protection Project for the prestigious Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, a non-partisan organization originally created at the request of President John F. Kennedy that, in its present-day form, trained and oversaw hundreds of legal volunteers who staffed a voter hotline, monitored polls and engaged in election-related litigation for several elections cycles.
During law school, Veresa was a founding and managing editor of the International Citator and Research Project, a groundbreaking undertaking in international and comparative law, which involved the publication of two books: (1) The Manual of International and Foreign Legal Citation; and (2) A Research Guide to Foreign and International Law.
Her vast litigation experience is encapsulated in the following:
- Represented numerous manufacturers of medical devices, pharmaceuticals and heavy equipment vehicles — including multi-party mass tort litigation — in state and federal court.
- Prepared and coordinated hundreds of removals of state court cases to federal court and transfer to various multi-district litigation (MDL) venues.
- Managed more than 300 active asbestos cases for heavy equipment manufacturers. Achieved numerous dismissals with prejudice on behalf of manufacturers involved in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas.
- Represented various civil defendants including insurance companies and corporate self-insureds. Obtained exceptional results at mediation involving more than 30 parties.
- Conducted and defended depositions throughout the United States as part of regional and national counsel for tobacco, electrical and telecommunication manufacturers.
- Handled voluminous discovery, including e-discovery, in the context of complicated commercial litigation.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, 2016 Fellows Program, Member
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, Member
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
- Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Past Member
- The Florida Bar, Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Member (2016-2017)
- Appellate Practice Member, The Florida Bar,
Admitted To Practice
- Florida, 2004
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2007
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida