Abbi Freifeld Carr is a partner in the Deerfield Beach office of Roig Lawyers.
She concentrates her practice in the areas of Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and No-Fault litigation, with a focus on Fraud (SIU) Investigations, and the defense of hospital lawsuits. Abbi defends claims for alleged unpaid and underpaid insurance benefits.
Abbi has represented some of Florida’s largest automobile insurers in state courts throughout Florida. Additionally, she has conducted numerous Examinations Under Oath (EUO) on behalf of Florida automobile insurers in the investigation of PIP and No-Fault insurance claims. Abbi is approved by the Florida Department of Financial Services to teach continuing education claims adjusters and also approved by the Florida Bar to teach continuing legal education courses.
Prior to joining the firm, Abbi was employed as In-House Counsel for the residential real estate company of Madison Financial Holding Group. In this capacity, she focused on real estate, employment, and closing-based legal issues.
While in law school, Abbi clerked for the Honorable Elizabeth A. Kovachevich, U.S. District Judge for the Middle District of Florida. She also earned her certification as a legal intern from the Florida Supreme Court.
Abbi is involved with several organizations in the community. She is a mentor with the Children’s Home Society, an organization that provides a variety of services to help struggling kids, teens and families in Florida. Abbi is also involved with the Ann Storck Center where she has worked on the sponsorship committee for several of their premier events including their annual Celebrity Chefs Food Tasting & Auction. The Ann Storck Center is dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults with developmental disabilities.
Abbi is a native of Clearwater, Florida.
News & Events
- Eleven ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Recognized as 2016 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
June 22, 2016
- Roig Lawyers Partner Graduates from Boca Chamber’s Leadership Boca 2015 Program
June 18, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Sponsors the 6th Annual Tour de Broward
February 20, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Partner Accepted to Boca Chamber’s Leadership Boca 2015 Program
January 14, 2015
- Roig Lawyers Announces Five Attorney Promotions to Partners in their Deerfield Beach and Orlando Offices
June 18, 2014
- Abbi S. Freifeld Quoted in Law360 Article "How To Become Indispensable To Your Firm"
August 6, 2015
- Abbi Freifeld Featured in The Florida Bar’s News and Notes
August 3, 2015
- Abbi S. Freifeld Quoted in Law360 Article "What You Need To Know As A Summer Associate"
June 17, 2015
- Children’s Home Society of Florida's Claws for a Cause
October 13, 2016
- 6th Annual Tour de Broward
February 22, 2015
Co-Presenter, " Investigations into PIP, Bodily Injury and Property Claims from the Perspective of the Investigator," ROIG Lawyers Monthly Lunch & Learn, December 2016.
Co-Presenter, "Issues of Exhaustion in PIP Claims," ROIG Lawyers Monthly Lunch & Learn, January 2015.
Instructor, "Depositions, How to be Prepared and What to Expect."
Instructor, "PIP Law Update."
Instructor, "Exhaustion of Benefits in PIP/No-Fault Claim Litigation."
Instructor, "Discovery: Techniques, Application, and Strategy in the Defense of a No-Fault Case."