Fernando L. Roig is the founding partner and co-chair of the executive committee of Roig Lawyers.
Fernando’s innovative and transformative approach to law firm leadership has been instrumental in the firm’s growth over the past decade. He has been influential in recruiting top-notch talent to the firm, which has expanded regionally to 6 offices across the state of Florida.
Fernando is known for being entrepreneurial and strategic with exceptional problem solving, consensus-building and negotiation skills, including an ability to structure and execute successful business tactics. Through Fernando’s guidance, leadership and vision, the firm successfully built new practice areas that have become drivers for the firm’s overall success.
Fernando has long championed diversity and inclusion in business and the workplace. Fernando played a key role in creating and expanding advancement opportunities for women and minorities at the firm.
Fernando brings more than 30 years of experience litigating insurance disputes and has guided clients toward the most efficient and inexpensive issue resolution, counseling them in ways to effectively avoid disputes and to explore non-litigation alternatives such as mediation and arbitration. Fernando has a proven record of success resolving large and complicated problems for clients, coordinating and defending high-stakes cases and aggressively pursuing major recoveries for insurers. Fernando has handled and tried hundreds of cases in federal and state courts with only one loss throughout his legal career.
Fernando is an active leader in the legal community; he was selected by Governor Jeb Bush to serve on the Governor’s Commission for the Everglades as well as the Fourth District Court of Appeals Judicial Nominating Committee.
Fernando is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been named to the 2018 South Florida Legal Guide annual list as a “Top Lawyer” in Commercial Litigation.
- Achieved Summary Judgment in favor of an insurance company in defense of claims of fraud related to reimbursement limitation under Florida Statute § 627.736 (5)(a)2.f.
- Obtained Defense Motion for partial Summary Judgment for an insurance company in a breach of contract claim under Florida Statute § 627.7407(2).
- Achieved partial Summary Judgment in favor of Defendant, a corporation in a breach of contract claim and schedule of maximum charges in reimbursing Plaintiff’s PIP benefits.
Awards & Rankings
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- “Top Lawyer”, South Florida Legal Guide (2017 – Present)
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Member
- Judicial Nominating Commission, Fourth District Court of Appeal, Member (2001-2007)
- Judicial Nominating Commission, Fourth District Court of Appeal, Former Chair (2007)
- Governor’s Commission for the Everglades, Member (1999-2001)
- Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce, Member
- American Bar Association, Member (2006-present)
- Governor Jeb Bush appointed Fernando to the Fourth District Court of Appeals Judicial Nominating Committee for two terms beginning in 2001. Fernando had previously served as Chairperson nominated by his peers.
- Governor Jeb Bush appointed Fernando to a two-year term on the Governor’s Commission for the Everglades, commencing in 2000.
Admitted to Practice
- Florida, 1989